“I’ve spent most of my life making quilts. The rest I’ve just wasted.” ~ Author Unknown
Who is the PMQG?
Piedmont Modern Quilt Guild is a haven for all modern quilt fans! We are makers, sewists, fabric enthusiasts, designers, and friends. We gather in the Northern Virginia area, south of DC. Our monthly meetings are a rotation of Guest Speakers, Group Sew-Ins, and Member Presentations. We also offer workshops, virtual meetings, and retreats to expand and share our knowledge of modern quilt designs and techniques. We’re a small crew of approachable, curious, supportive quilters who love needle and thread in all its various forms!
Let’s hang out!
Feel free to reach out to us! Email us at: Piedmontmqg@gmail.com
Monthly Meeting Info:
- Every 2nd Wednesday Night @ 6:30 PM EST
- Location: Warrenton Presbyterian Church – 91 Main Street, Warrenton, Virginia 20186
- We are returning to in-person events, and continue to provide virtual meetings and classes as options as well. At this time, masks are always welcome, but are optional for our events.
- Feel free to attend up to 3 meetings free before you become a paid member. We’re a delightful group, so we know we’ll win you over! Annual membership is only $35!!! Hanging out with other fun quilters is PRICELESS.
Upcoming Events – 2022
- 2022 PMQG Dues are Due!!!! $35 Annual Membership is due – Email us at: PiedmontMQG@gmail.com for payment instructions and address!
- APRIL MTG CHANGE OF DATE: Now meeting: Wed. April 20th: Member Speaker: Erin Grogan “Uncovering Your Personal Quilty Style” – In Person Meeting @6:30 PM EST – IN THE TEEN LOUNGE at Warrenton Presbyterian Church – You can still park in the church lot and come in the same door! A member will meet you at the Fellowship Hall door to direct you to the Teen Lounge for the meeting at 6:30. Feel free to bring Show & Tell and/or Handwork to work on during the lecture.
- Workshop: Saturday May 7th @11AM – 4PM EST: “Finger Paints Ruler-Free” – Zoom Class with Laura Loewen from Quilt Fort Co. – Costs: $45 for PMQG Members and $60 for Guests – You can check out the PDF pattern here: https://quiltfortcompany.com/shop/pdf-patterns/finger-paints/ And registration is NOW OPEN!!! – You can Click this Link to our online form —> https://forms.gle/PCTyF6Qi7YzwYa2Q8 Feel free to invite other quilty friends, we still have open slots!!! Questions: PiedmontMQG@gmail.com for more info.
- June 8th – Monthly Meeting: Sew In (Charity Focus) @6:30 PM EST – Warrenton Presbyterian Church
Not to Miss:
- Lecture: “Cut Loose: How to Divide Your Piecing with Fabric Slivers”
- Retreat in Style! Looking at September 2022 – To Be Continued…
- Class: “Fabric Back Patches” with modern quilter Tara Lee