“I’ve spent most of my life making quilts. The rest I’ve just wasted.” ~ Author Unknown
Who is the PMQG?
Piedmont Modern Quilt Guild is a haven for all modern quilt fans! We are makers, sewists, fabric enthusiasts, designers, and friends. We gather in the Northern Virginia area, south of DC. Our monthly meetings are a rotation of Guest Speakers, Group Sew-Ins, and Member Presentations. We also offer workshops, virtual meetings, and retreats to expand and share our knowledge of modern quilt designs and techniques. We’re a small crew of approachable, curious, supportive quilters who love needle and thread in all its various forms!
Let’s hang out!
Feel free to reach out to us! Email us at: Piedmontmqg@gmail.com
Monthly Meeting Info:
- Every 2nd Wednesday Night @ 6:30 PM EST
- Location: Warrenton Presbyterian Church – 91 Main Street, Warrenton, Virginia 20186
- We host in-person events, and sometimes offer virtual meetings and classes as options as well. At this time, masks are always welcome, but are optional for our events.
- Feel free to attend up to 3 meetings free before you become a paid member. We’re a delightful group, so we know we’ll win you over! Annual membership is only $35!!! Hanging out with other fun quilters is PRICELESS.
Upcoming Events: ’23- ’24
- 2023 PMQG Dues are Due!!!! $35 Annual Membership is due – Email us at: PiedmontMQG@gmail.com for payment instructions and address!
- March Meeting: Wed. March 8th at 6:30pm EST @WPC Fellowship Hall – Let’s all get REALLY COZY with our curves! Member Mickie Gelling will present several approaches and hacks to tame those tricky rounded edges. Bring technique questions, favorite tools/tips, and let’s get our swerve on. If you ordered a fabric kit from Pink Peony Creations, and confirmed that Mickie will pick yours up, they will be delivered tonight, before class on Saturday!!!
- March Workshop: Sat. March 11th from 2PM-6PM EST @WPC Fellowship Hall, Warrenton – Mickie Gelling is teaching the “Confetti Quilt” pattern by VA Quilter Annabel Wrigley of Little Pincushion Studio. $50 PMQG Members or $65 for Guests. Registration is here:
- Confetti Quilt by Annabel Wrigley – Class 3/11/23 through PMQG
- April Meeting: Wed. April 12th at 6:30pm EST – Spring Member Presentation: Jen Brown – Make a Key Fob – Jen’s bringing hardware, and teaching us how to create fabric key fobs of our very own!
Not to Miss:
- SPRING RETREAT: Yes, it’s baaaaaack!!! We are so excited to invite you to join us to sew, talk, and relax at a PMQG retreat – Fri. 4/28 through Sun. 4/30! Registration Form is here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1zmQNH9oxMJdlfuDMOjSbhnnMPl0F6dk207-JgZbTmOw/edit?pli=1