“I’ve spent most of my life making quilts. The rest I’ve just wasted.” ~ Author Unknown
Who is the PMQG?
Piedmont Modern Quilt Guild is a haven for all modern quilt fans! We are makers, sewists, fabric enthusiasts, designers, and friends. We gather in the Northern Virginia area, south of DC. Our monthly meetings are a rotation of Guest Speakers, Group Sew-Ins, and Member Presentations. We also offer workshops, virtual meetings, and retreats to expand and share our knowledge of modern quilt designs and techniques. We’re a small crew of approachable, curious, supportive quilters who love needle and thread in all its various forms!
Let’s hang out!
Feel free to reach out to us! Email us at: Piedmontmqg@gmail.com
Monthly Meeting Info:
- Every 2nd Wednesday Night @ 6:30 PM EST
- Location: Warrenton Presbyterian Church – 91 Main Street, Warrenton, Virginia 20186
- We host in-person events, and sometimes offer virtual meetings and classes as options as well. At this time, masks are always welcome, but are optional for our events.
- Feel free to attend up to 3 meetings free before you become a paid member. We’re a delightful group, so we know we’ll win you over! Annual membership is only $35!!! Hanging out with other fun quilters is PRICELESS.
Upcoming Events: ’23- ’24
- Currently accepting membership dues and donations for 2023!!! $35 Annual Membership – Email us at: PiedmontMQG@gmail.com for enrollment package, payment instructions, and/or PayPal address.
- May Meeting: Wed. May 10th at 6:30pm EST, live via Zoom – Guest Speaker: Tara Evans of Tara Lee Quiltery will be walking us through how to create back patches for jackets, bags, pillows, etc. You’ve seen them on jean jackets, and now you can design and sew one of your very own! Create from the comfort of your very own sewing space, as Tara will be joining us online, from her home in Canada! Check out Tara’s work and other offerings here: https://www.taraleequiltery.com/
- June Meeting: Wed. June 14th at 6:30pm EST – In Person @ WPC – Summer Sew In – We invite you to join us for a Sew In together to kick off Summer Break! This event will also focus on our newest PMQG Charity Project! We typically sew together and have more casual meetings for June and July, since so many people are travelling, etc. But that’s no reason we can’t hang out and sew cool projects!!!