“I’ve spent most of my life making quilts. The rest I’ve just wasted.” ~ Author Unknown
Who is the PMQG?
Piedmont Modern Quilt Guild is a haven for all modern quilt fans! We are makers, sewists, fabric enthusiasts, designers, and friends. We gather in the Northern Virginia area, south of DC. Our monthly meetings are a rotation of Guest Speakers, Group Sew-Ins, and Member Presentations. We also offer workshops, virtual meetings, and retreats to expand and share our knowledge of modern quilt designs and techniques. We’re a small crew of approachable, curious, supportive quilters who love needle and thread in all its various forms!
Let’s hang out!
Feel free to reach out to us! Email us at: Piedmontmqg@gmail.com
Monthly Meeting Info:
- Every 2nd Wednesday Night @ 6:30 PM EST
- Location: Warrenton Presbyterian Church – 91 Main Street, Warrenton, Virginia 20186
- We are returning to in-person events, and continue to provide virtual meetings and classes as options as well. At this time, masks are always welcome, but are optional for our events.
- Feel free to attend up to 3 meetings free before you become a paid member. We’re a delightful group, so we know we’ll win you over! Annual membership is only $35!!! Hanging out with other fun quilters is PRICELESS.
Upcoming Events – ’22-’23
- 2023 PMQG Dues are Due in October!!!! $35 Annual Membership is due – Email us at: PiedmontMQG@gmail.com for payment instructions and address!
- Sept. Meeting: Wed. Sept. 14th at 6:30pm EST @WPC Fellowship Hall – Join us to make your snazzy PiedmontMQG Name Badge with our new logo! Bring fabric scraps and machine sewing supplies. We’ll have the free Pattern, Ironing and Cutting Stations available!
- Oct. Meeting: Wed. Oct. 12th at 6:30pm EST @WPC Fellowship Hall – It’s our Fall Sew In! You can bring in your own sewing project, or get support trying out the new blue and orange “Improv Strings” blocks for our PMQG Charity project! We’ll provide Ironing and Cutting stations, you bring your machine sewing supplies. Also, 2023 PMQG Dues are due at this meeting!!
- November Meeting: Wed. Nov. 9th at 6:30pm EST – Zoom Workshop with Tara Lee Quiltery: Making quilt patches for your favorite jacket – Work from your own sewing studio and craft a cool back-patch for a jean jacket or other fashion panel!
Not to Miss:
- Did you hear about the virtual “Sessions Event” this year hosted by the Modern Quilt Guild??? Registration will be wrapping up soon. The live online event will be October 13-16th! It’s an awesome group of teachers and modern quilty topics! Registration is only $95 for all current MQG members, and information starts here: https://www.themodernquiltguild.com/sessions/
- Registration has also begun for the 2023 QuiltCon is Atlanta, GA!!! This incredible annual event will happen Feb. 23-26th and Virginia quilter Chawne Kimber is this year’s Key Note Speaker! You can head over to https://quiltcon.com/ for all the details, class schedules/prices, and arrangements.